Core 2 Interaction: Lab – Questionnaire by Tingyue Wang
1. Describe your previous experiences with coding.
a. What classes have you
already taken where you were exposed to HTML/CSS/JS?
b. What parts of the class
resonated with you?
Use different ways to diversify our website design.
c. What parts were most
2. How excited about learning code are you? Are you nervous about learning
code? If so, why? What can I do in this class to help reduce this
I have a strong interest in
learning code.Every time I read on the Internet, I am fascinated by some
very cool web design.
The most stressful thing for
me is when I have a great idea, but I feel bad that I can't complete it due
to my lack of knowledge of the code.
Maybe can recommend to us more
videos or web pages about basic programming, I think it could be help.
3. How do you imagine coding fitting in with the rest of your design
curriculum and career after college?
I've always thought that
coding might become a basic skill that humans learn in the future.
If nothing goes wrong, I think
my future career will be related to coding.
4. What text editor do you prefer to use?
Glitch. This is the only text
editor I used before. But I'm also looking forward to learning other text
5. Have you used GitHub before? Do you know what it is? Describe your
understanding of GitHub.
I never used Github before.
unique analogy to describe this relationship (you can’t use the house
Bonus points for creative analogies.
HTML like the bone, CSS is the
7. Using each HTML `heading` tag, list your favorite foods ranked by
importance (remember, there’s 6 levels of heading tags).
Pan Fried Pork & Shrimp
Minced Beef with Egg Drop
Shao Mei with Sticky Rice
Hot & Sour Soup
8. Create an unordered list ul and link to some of your favorite graphic
design or development related websites. Include a paragraph p on each site
describing why it is important to you.
This is a very popular website and I'm sure many people already know about
The art materials covered in Pinterest are very helpful for the study of
9. Insert an image of your choosing to the page. Make sure the image
includes ALT text that describes the image.
10. Insert a video embed into the page (for example, a YouTube or Vimeo
embed tag of a video of your choosing).
11. Nest the following series of HTML tags inside each other, where each
》represents a new level. Make sure to maintain proper
indentation.(main-section-div- p -span)
(Please check it in HTML page)
12. Create an `ordered list` of the top 5 countries you’d like to visit.
Within each country, create another `ordered list` of the top cities you’d
like to visit in that country.
Maintain proper indentation and make sure you nest your ordered lists
13. Use `pre` tags to create a simple concrete poetry version of a Haiku or
other poem you write. The poem should represent how you feel at this moment.
* Hint: `pre` tags respect whitespace, you can add add lots of spaces and
line breaks and they will show up like that when you view the web page.
There was a merchant in Bagdad who sent his servant to market to buy provisions and in a little while the servant came back, white and trembling, and said,
Master, just now when I was in the marketplace I was jostled by a woman in
the crowd and when I turned I saw it was Death that jostled me. She looked
at me and made a threatening gesture, now, lend me your horse, and I will
ride away from this city and avoid my fate.
I will go to Samara and there Death will not find me.
The merchant lent him his horse, and the servant mounted it, and he dug his spurs in its flanks and as fast as the horse could gallop he went.
Then the merchant went down to the marketplace and he saw me standing in the crowd and he came to me and said,
“Why did you make a threatening gesture to my servant when you saw him this morning?”
"That was not a threatening gesture,"
I said, "it was only a start of surprise.I was astonished to see him in Bagdad, for
I had an appointment with him tonight in Samara."
14. Write an HTML comment that is hidden from the browser, but displays in
(Please check it in HTML page)
15. Create an `unordered list` of at least 6 musical artists you like to
listen to. Add a `class` to each list item that matches the genre of music
of that artist.
Straight Fire Gang
Franz Seraphicus Peter Schubert
16. Describe the difference between block, inline-block and inline
No idea (I checked on Google, but I'm still confused)
17. Use CSS to style the musical genre classes you added in question 9. Give
each genre a color and personality using CSS.
(I guess you mean question 15?)
18. Use any CSS knowledge you currently have to style your questionnaire in
a unique way. Make sure to update the font to something other than the
default (use the `font-family` css property).
(Please check my questionnaire)
message to the console. Tell me something interesting about yourself.
20. Add a button to your HTML file and make it do something when clicked